Want to learn more about Thoroughbred Racing?
Barry Doss, owner and trainer, will provide Thoroughbred Racing enthusiasts with an opportunity to learn more about the sport with two informative and entertaining presentations. This lecture is normally held the Tuesday and Thursday before the Aiken Trials in early March at the Aiken Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame. Both sessions will begin at 10:30 am.
2018 dates to be announced
The Thoroughbred Horse from Birth to the First Race
- Stages of Development: from Weanling to Yearling to Horse-in-Training
- When is the horse ready for its first race?
A Day at the Races: Thoughts on Betting the Horses
- Past Performances: What to look for!
- Owners/Trainers/Jockeys - How Important?
The presentation is free to the public.
Due to limited seating, pre-registration is required.
Parking is available at Hopelands Gardens located at 135 Dupree Place (off Whiskey Road).
About the Speaker
Barry Doss developed and built Barranette Farm in Indiana – a complete training and rehabilitation facility with a ¾ mile training track (working with Keeneland and Churchill Downs track officials to determine proper track surface and other details). In addition to preparing his own horses for racing, considerable time was spent breaking yearlings and rehabilitating horse for return to racing for other clients.
He was the President and member of the Board of Directors
of the Thoroughbred Association of Indiana for many years. During that time, worked continuously with a dedicated team
to bring pari-mutuel racing to Indiana – eventually successful!
- OWNER of Thoroughbred horses for over 25 years.
- TRAINER of Thoroughbred horses for over 20 years.
- BREEDER of Thoroughbred horses for racing and sales.
- BUYER of Thoroughbred horses for racing and re-sale.
Aiken Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame and Museum
"Home of Aiken's Racing Champions"
Located in Hopelands Gardens at 135 Dupree Place (off Whiskey Road) Aiken, SC 29801